The Program Specialist will be part of the Program Department of five staff that manages multiple programs to fund housing and service interventions by partner agencies. The Program Specialist will join this team of managers and directors, helping to ensure projects are effectively implemented, contracts are monitored, data are collected and analyzed to report outcomes, and best practices are shared among MHSA’s network of members in order to improve practice that addresses and ends homelessness.
- Minimum of three years relevant experience, ideally including past work with homeless programs and populations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or other relevant experience
- Passion for the mission of ending homelessness and interest in the population that is the priority of MHSA’s work: adults experiencing chronic homelessness often coupled with physical, mental, and/or addiction disabilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects, attend to details, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Facility with data collection and data reporting; additional skills in data analysis preferred
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This position is full-time, 40 hours a week, exempt. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We encourage interested candidates to send cover letter and resume to: Joyce Tavon, Director of Programs & Planning, Massachusetts Housing & Shelter Alliance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put in the subject line: Program Specialist position
The Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.