SAM invites you and your community of faith or ethical commitment to become a SAM member and join us in ending homelessness in Massachusetts.
Opportunities for SAM members include:
- Assistance developing or strengthening your community’s initiatives dedicated to ending the homelessness of our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Speakers for your community’s worship service, social justice team meeting, youth group or other event.
- Connections to agencies in your area working to end homelessness, including MHSA’s nearly 100 member agencies.
- Invitations to join working groups of SAM members from your region and statewide, bringing together people of faith and ethical commitment from across MA for sharing of best practices, strategizing and fellowship.
- Advocacy alerts and other opportunities to engage your legislators and encourage them to support solutions to homelessness.
- Educational events, conferences and up-to-date information about homelessness in Massachusetts, including MHSA’s eNews and print newsletter.
SAM members commit to:
- Educate: Dedicate annually at least one sermon, religious service, social action project or other activity to ending homelessness.
- Advocate: Link to SAM on your web site and make SAM materials available to your members.
- Collaborate: Designate a SAM liaison from your community or organization.
- Support: Make an annual contribution to support SAM. Inability to contribute financially is not a barrier to membership.
For more information about becoming a SAM member, please contact Caitlin Golden at email@example.com or 617-367-6447 x28.