The mission of the Commonwealth Corps is to engage Massachusetts residents of all ages and backgrounds in service to strengthen communities, address unmet community needs, and increase volunteerism. Commonwealth Corps members with the Lynn Shelter Association will serve 10.5 months in a full-time capacity. What they have in common is a desire to put their talents and ideas to use in the service of their communities and the Commonwealth. Lynn Shelter Association believes every person deserves a place to call home. Its mission is to provide a safe environment for each individual to define and pursue their goals for independence and self-sufficiency, by providing shelter, supportive services, housing solutions and access to a continuum of community supports to more than 1,000 individuals and families each year. This Commonwealth Corps project will support the development and implementation of new Enrichment Center/Programming to support the economic mobility and workforce development needs of our homeless clients, as well as establish a new volunteer engagement program across the organization to increase our capacity and leverage the impact of our work.
- Massachusetts residency and legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Experience with or interest in volunteerism and community engagement.
- Ability to balance service commitment with other family/work/school/community commitments in a sustainable way.
- Some college experience required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation to travel between three family shelters throughout the city.
- Interest in or experience working or serving with underserved or disadvantaged populations.
- To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample by June 10, 2018 with “CC Member – Families” in the subject line, with interested applicants encouraged to apply ASAP to LSA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted members will be required to undergo a criminal offender and sexual offender background check.